The Niagara Falls International Marathon celebrated its inaugural running in 1974. The race was known as the Skylon Marathon. Beginning during the first wave of the North American running boom, it quickly became a favourite as it was, and still is, the only marathon in the world that starts in one country and finishes in another… a destination marathon that crosses an international border, providing the runners with an experience of a lifetime. Niagara Falls International Marathon is also a Boston Qualifier.
Race Date and Start Times
Sunday, October 15th, 2017
- Marathon - 10:00am
- Half Marathon Run/Walk - 10:00am
- Niagara Falls 10K - 9:00am
- Niagara Falls 5k - 9:45 am
Online registration is open for 2017
Register early for best rates!
- The Niagara Parkway will be closed from Old Fort Erie to Upper Rapids Boulevard, beginning at 5 a.m., and will be re-opened as the last participant runs past each adjoining intersection. Access to residences and attractions along this section of the south Niagara Parkway will be made available from the closest access points. Vehicles will be assisted by Niagara Parks Police and Race Marshalls.
- The northbound lanes of the Niagara Parkway from Upper Rapids Boulevard to Murray Street will be closed from 5 a.m. to approximately 6 p.m., with the southbound lanes of the Niagara Parkway between Murray Street and Upper Rapids Boulevard remaining open to allow for southbound traffic only.
- The eastbound lanes of Upper Rapids Boulevard will be closed from 5 a.m., to approximately 6 p.m., with the westbound lanes of Upper Rapids Boulevard remaining open to allow traffic from the Niagara Parkway to access Portage Road.
- Vehicular access to Dufferin Islands will be closed for the day. The public washrooms at Dufferin Islands will also be closed for the day.
- Access to Niagara Parks’ Falls Parking Lot (Lot A) and the Floral Showhouse Parking Lot (Lot B) will remain open during the day. Rapidsview Parking Lot (Lot C) will be closed for the day to service the event.
- WEGO bus service will not be impacted. All buses will be permitted (with police assistance) to enter the Table Rock WEGO Bus Loop for visitor drop off and pick up.
- All tour operators will be permitted (with police assistance) to turn in the WEGO Bus Loop and drop off/pick up on the west side of the Table Rock Complex during the road closure. All buses will then be required to proceed north to Murray Street.