Clifton Hill / HOCO Entertainment will temporarily close all public-facing operations as a precautionary measure.
Effective End of day Wednesday, December 23rd we will be temporarily closing until authorized to reopen.
We take the current situation very seriously and want to ensure the health and safety of our guests and team members.
This action is consistent with the recommendations of the province’s Chief Medical Officer of Health related to the new measures for COVID-19.
Customers can continue to monitor our website, social media channels or contact us at [email protected] for any questions they may have.
Please refer to our current hours of operation here: https://www.cliftonhill.com/info/hours

Dufferin Islands

Dufferin Islands is a secluded park that is unique in that it houses a series of tiny islands. They are all fused together by bridges and footpaths. 

This area is a miniature paradise with the introduction of fish, bird feeding stations and bird boxes, as well as environmentally appropriate vegetation. The "catch and release" fish program has been incredibly popular with the public.

This area is a popular stop during the "Winter Festival of Lights" from November to January each year, with several animated lighting displays placed around the perimeter of the islands. Vehicles may drive through and witness the incredible atmosphere that highlights the Christmas season in Niagara Falls.

You will find this park along the Niagara Parkway between the Niagara Parks Floral Showhouse and the Rapidsview Parking Lot.

Picnicking opportunities are available.

Access to Dufferin Islands and parking is free here.

History

Dating back to 1820, this area was once known as "The Burning Springs". It got this name due to natural gas that was leaking from along the ground by the Niagara River just above the Horseshoe Falls. A barrel with a pipe attached and a cork that covered the pipe was placed upon this natural leak. When the cork was removed and ignited, it created a phenomenom which was called a "burning spring". It soon became an attraction, and people from all over came to witness it in action. In 1902, water was diverted by the Ontario Power Company and resulted in transforming the site into a more natural setting as it looks today.

Follow the Fun in Niagara!

Follow @CliftonHillFun