Calling all hockey fans! Ron MacLean is coming to St.Catharines this weekend with the Rogers Hometown Hockey Road Show!
On Saturday, December 13th to Sunday, December 14th, 2014 join the City of St.Catharines by the steps of City Hall (Church and James Street), for this exciting two-day festival that celebrates the Niagara Region’s influence in Canadian hockey. St.Catharines is the home to the Niagara Icedogs, Niagara’s major junior ice hockey team. It was also the home to the St.Catharines Saints, which was a former affiliate team for the Toronto Maple Leafs and played in the American Hockey League from 1982-1986.
The Rogers Hometown Hockey Road Show will be a free outdoor hockey event for all ages with plenty of weekend activities and events for the whole family to enjoy.
About the Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour
The Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour visits 25 communities throughout the NHL season. There are free festivities, interactive games, appearances by NHL alumni and local hockey heroes, as well as before each Sunday’s featured match-up (Sunday, December 14th – Calgary and Chicago), Ron MacLean will host a 30-minute pre-game show program live on-site at 7:30 pm ET on City TV from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio, which will feature interviews with celebrities, NHL alumni and other special guests.
Watch this video that features Ron MacLean talking about the Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour:
- KidsZone with an inflatable mini-stick rink, face painting and Sportsnet Magazine cover photo shoot.
- Scotiabank Community Locker Room with commemorative youth hockey jersey giveaways and interactive games.
- Dodge Stow ‘n’ Go Challenge with a chance to win a Dodge Grand Caravan.
- Personalized hockey pucks at the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 photo booth.
- Sportsnet’s Be a Broadcaster: call a hockey play alongside Sportsnet Central anchor, Evanka Osmak.
- McDonald’s Ball Hockey Rink with pick-up games and hockey skills competitions.
- XBox One gaming area featuring hockey and blockbuster titles, plus prizes and giveaways.
- Outdoor viewing party on Sunday.
- Meet and Greets with NHL greats, local hockey heroes, and other local celebrities.
- Local bands and entertainment.
- Local culinary and food trucks on-site.
Appearing Live (to date)
- Former Toronto Maple Leaf, Darcy Tucker
- Josh Gorges of the Buffalo Sabres
- Ron MacLean