Niagara Falls Labour Day Weekend is our last chance to escape before its time to get the kids ready for school, so why not take one more vacation before it’s time to hit the books and start packing the lunches?
Even though Summer vacation is coming to an end, Niagara Falls just started its best stretch of weather all season and Clifton Hill puts you at the center of it all. With many world-class attractions within walking distance, you can experience all the fun of our fascinating tourist area without having to venture far from the Falls.
Clifton Hill offers some of the best attractions in Niagara Falls, including the Niagara SkyWheel, Niagara Speedway go-kart track, Queen Victoria Park, Niagara City Cruises and the Zipline to the Falls located at the bottom of the hill, Casino Niagara, plus plenty of restaurants, stores and entertainment venues.
Maximizing the Weekend
Niagara Speedway: OPEN DAILY 10am-1:30am!
The Niagara Speedway, which combines traditional go-karts with the added fun and excitement of an elevated coaster-styled course, is a Clifton Hill favorite that should not be missed. Our most talked-about attraction, with a 2000-foot track that climbs a four-story helix before flying down the slope.
Niagara SkyWheel: OPEN DAILY 10am-2:00am!
Soar 175 feet above Niagara Falls for a once-in-a-lifetime view! From the comfort of climate-controlled gondolas, the Niagara SkyWheel offers riders a breathtaking panoramic view of Niagara’s spectacular natural wonder. In absolute comfort, soak in the breathtaking scenery year-round, day and night. Get tickets for the Niagara SkyWheel
Movieland Wax Museum: OPEN DAILY 10am-1am!
Revamped with many new exhibits! Be amazed by our life-like wax replicas of characters from classic films like Aliens and the Terminator… to contemporary hits like Black Widow and Iron Man! This weekend, take a selfie with your favorite stars and celebrities!
Take a photo with the all new Chris Hemsworth wax figure as Thor Odinson the Asgardian God of Thunder, Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff in Black Widow, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson in Jumanji, Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean, Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark, and many more!
Niagara Falls Restaurants
Our two family-friendly eateries provide a wide variety of menu options to keep you fed and ready for adventure. The open air and patio options at Boston Pizza and Kelsey’s Original Roadhouse respectfully, are the perfect places to take a break while still having a good view of the action.
Must-see Labour Day events around Niagara Falls:
This is a great time to visit Niagara Falls, Ontario, where there are plenty of activities and events to keep you entertained, whether you’re bringing the family or going on a romantic vacation…Niagara Falls has a lot going on this Labor Day Weekend!
Currents: Niagara’s Power Transformed
On September 3, 2021, Currents, showcases an electrifying sight and sound performance inside the core of the former Canadian Niagara Power Company generating station, brining it to life in a whole new way.
This one-of-a-kind event, which features immersive, interactive storytelling, provides a unique sensory experience among the turbines of the first major power plant on the Canadian side of the Niagara River. Witness the remarkable transition of water to power as you gaze throughout this majestic building.
- FRIDAY 6:30 pm – 10:30 pm
- SATURDAY 6:30 pm – 10:30 pm
- SUNDAY 6:30 pm – 10:30 pm
- MONDAY 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm
Location: Niagara Parks Power Station
Address: 7005 Niagara Parkway, L2E 6T2
Phone: 1 (877) 642-7275
CURRENTS NIGHT SHOW: $30 Adult / $19.50 Child
POWERSTATION & SHOW PACKAGE: $40 Adult / $26 Child
5 & UNDER: Free
Additional Labour Day Events in Niagara
- Fort George National Historic Site Open from 12 pm – 5 pm Wednesday to Sunday. Important note: Ticket sales end at 4:15 pm. Site closes at 5 pm. Visit the daily programming page for a list of daily activities.
- Fort George Ghost Tours: After nightfall, explore Fort George! Join us for a candlelit tour of haunted Fort George in Niagara-on-the-Lake, where you will hear a number of haunting tales and learn about the interesting history of haunted Fort George and Niagara-on-the-Lake. This is not the type of ghost tour where actors play the ghosts or individuals leap out to terrify you. We present true accounts about people’s actual encounters with real ghosts. You could even leave with your own experience! Get tickets here
- Niagara’s Dark History Tour Every Saturday at 5pm. Only dark history and strange stories of Canada’s Prettiest Town, Niagara-on-the-Lake. Featuring the true villain of the 1813 burning, a disgruntled British politician. With a disappearance that almost ended Freemasonry, the lover’s public execution and standing up to slavery with violence. Get details here.
Niagara Falls Hotels
Clifton Hill Coupons
Clifton Hill’s Top Activities
Find plenty of parking close to all attractions with a 5 minute walk to view the Falls, quick access to Hornblower Niagara Cruises boat tours, and minutes from the Fallsview district in the main Clifton Hill parking lot.
Niagara Falls Parking
We have expanded our Clifton Hill parking facility to accommodate more vehicles, and opened up another additional entrance/exit, making our lot one of the most centralized and easily accessible lots in Niagara Falls.
- Security Patrolled
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Central to the Falls
- Brightly Illuminated
- Fully Paved & Clean
- Ample Parking 700+ Spots
We hope you have a fun and safe Labour Day weekend in Niagara Falls!