May is the time to get out and finally enjoy some great weather with the kids. Looking for some ideas that won’t cost you a dime? Here are 10 free things to do in Niagara Falls in May with kids.
1. Watch the Niagara Falls Fireworks! May 23rd, 2016 is the kick-off to the Spring/Summer season of Holiday Fireworks over the Victoria Day weekend. Fireworks happen every Wednesday, Friday, Sunday, and Holiday from May 1st to October 30th at 10:00 pm.
2. …and arrive before every fireworks day to watch the free Coca Cola concert series concerts happening from May 20th to September 5th, 2016 at 8:00 pm at Queen Victoria Park.
3. Enjoy a FREE skate at the Niagara Falls Gale Centre on Sunday, May 22nd from 2-4 pm.
4. Attend Springlicious! This is one of Niagara’s favourite Springtime festivals, and it happens from Friday, May 27th to Sunday, May 29th, 2016.
5. Go for a hike at the Niagara Glen. It features 4 kilometres of nature trails, a favourite picnic spot for families, and the Lockport Limestone Rock, thought to have been the site of an ancient waterfall, looms over the Glen and provides breathtaking views. Kids will have fun spotting the wildlife and unique rock formations.
6. Check out the various Niagara Falls Farmers Markets. Kids will enjoy being able to pick out all our locally grown fresh fruit and vegetables that May brings, plus they will get some exercise along the way.
7. Thursday nights from 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm are FREE at the Niagara Falls History Museum.
8. FREE admission at the Virgil Stampede on Sunday, May 22nd from 11 am to 11 pm!
9. “Touch A Truck” event happens on May 14th at the Niagara Falls Gale Centre from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. Vehicles include: WEGO Transit Bus, Front End Loader, Sidewalk Plows, Snow Plows, Street Sweeper, Riding Mower, Road Grader, Aerial Truck and Chipper, and a Backhoe. The event also includes a BBQ by the Niagara Falls Humane Society, Children’s Safety Village and an opportunity for kids to speak with Equipment Operators!
10. Visit the Niagara Parks Botanical Gardens.