Celebrate Memorial Day in Niagara Falls!
The United States Celebrates Memorial Day on the last Monday of May (Monday, May 27th, 2019). Formerly known as Decoration Day, it originated after the American Civil War to commemorate the fallen Union soldiers of the Civil War. By the 20th century, Memorial Day had been extended to honor all Americans who have died in all wars. Memorial Day is a day of remembering the men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces. As a marker, it is typically the start of the summer vacation season and also became a long weekend increasingly devoted to shopping, family gatherings, fireworks, and trips to the beach.
Celebrate Memorial Day on Clifton Hill!
Memorial Day is about spending time with family, friends and doing a little cross-border shopping — and we have all that here in Niagara Falls! Family friendly adventures can be found all along Clifton Hill — the “Street of Fun by the Falls” and beyond. If you want to be right in the middle of all the action, waking up with all the attractions, and with the majestic Niagara Falls just minutes from your hotel room, you can choose from quite a few Niagara hotels.
Choose a Clifton Hill hotel for the family looking to take in the beauty of the Niagara Falls, with the additional bonus of being on the street of fun. Hotels close by, such as the Howard Johnson, offer packages that include the excitement here with the Niagara Falls Family Fun Package. Choose any Lundy’s Lane hotel for the shopper in you, or a Fallsview Hotel for the couple leaving the kids at home and venturing away in order to wine, dine, and stick close to the gambling scene.
It is always a good idea to try to book your hotel in advance, especially when it comes to a long weekend such as Memorial Day weekend, as availability gets slim if you wait to the last minute.
Receive the latest and best savings at Clifton Hill, Niagara Falls with our Attractions Packages option. This allows you to pick and choose activities on the “Street of Fun by the Falls” this Memorial Day weekend without having it tied into a Niagara Falls hotel. Options such as our Family Token Offer save you money:
Niagara Falls Border Crossing:
- Know what ID is necessary: All visitors arriving to Canada need a passport or passport equivalent. If you are traveling soon, you can get a passport within 24 hours at Rushmypassport.com.
- At the border be ready to address the officer: Passengers should pass their passports and other ID to the driver before reaching the border services booth. In addition, take off your sunglasses, turn off radios and cellphones – don’t start doing these tasks once you’ve arrived at the booth.
- Have a note for children traveling without both parents: Adults traveling over the border into Canada with children who are not their own, should have a written note from the parents or guardians giving permission for the children to leave the country. The permission should include the name and contact information of the parent / guardian.
- (Children under the age of 16 can present an original copy of their birth certificate, passport or NEXUS card as preferred identification. Anyone over 16 MUST have a passport to cross the border.)
- Know what you can and can’t bring into Canada.
- Have your car registration available.
- Check/empty your trunk: Unnecessary items in your trunk may be a source of questioning by border officials and may add time to your border crossing.
- Be prepared to answer questions.
- Roll Down the Front and Back Car Windows When You Pull up to the border officer’s window.
- Check Out Border Wait Times Before Crossing.
**For additional information on crossing the border from the US into Canada click here.
Clifton Hill is the BEST place to find parking for the Memorial Day Weekend!
We have introduced a larger lot that spans over 700+ parking spaces. This is your best bet for this Holiday weekend. It gives easy access to all our local attractions and a few minutes walk down to Queen Victoria Park to view the fireworks.
Click the image below for information on how to get here from the QEW or the Niagara Parkway, which includes a printable version for easy travelling:
Add Excitement to Your Memorial Day weekend getaway!
As mentioned earlier, Clifton Hill has all the fun by the Falls that you need! Grab a putter and play a prehistoric round of mini putt at the Dinosaur Adventure Golf, and afterwards, just steps away, is the world-famous Niagara SkyWheel. This giant Niagara Falls attraction gives you an eagle’s eye view of Clifton Hill, the Niagara Falls and the surrounding area, and maybe an opportunity to view some amazing sites and plan a little bit of your itinerary for the weekend!
Come experience a family-friendly 6D motion simulator on the Wild West Coaster. You can find it located in the Great Canadian Midway. Don’t forget you can get a great discount on all these attractions and more by picking up the Clifton Hill Fun Pass on-line, which also gives you an extra spin on the SkyWheel. Our new Zombie Attack Ride is a multi-sensory adventure, featuring real-time 6D graphics, in which you challenge your family and friends in the scoring battle to prove who is the champion!
Hornblower Niagara Cruises: On the Canadian side of the border located at the bottom of Clifton Hill is the Hornblower Niagara Cruises.
They will take you on the ride of your life! An intimate tour that gets you as close as possible to the breathtaking flow of water, power and mist that is the magnificent Niagara Falls. Within the Niagara Great Gorge, the catamarans will journey past the American Falls, Bridal Veil Falls and into the very heart of the famous Horseshoe Falls.
Niagara Falls Fireworks over the Memorial Day weekend will happen on May 24th, 25th, 26th, and 27th, 2019!
Memorial Day Events and Activities
- Niagara Falls Fireworks
- Niagara Falls Illumination
- Hornblower Niagara
- Niagara SkyWheel
- Greg Frewin Show
- WildPlay Niagara Zipline
- WildPlay Whirlpool Adventure Course
- Rick Springfield (CANCELLED)
Night Life on Clifton Hill during the Memorial Day weekend!
There is a spectacular nightlife along Clifton Hill when the sun sets and all the attractions are lighting up the sky. You may even notice some live music from the street making you want to move those hips just outside KELSEYS Original Roadhouse. If you are looking for a laid-back setting, but with a high-energy atmosphere, our location is bigger and better than you can image! We feature a large outdoor patio with plenty of seating, daily live entertainment, and a delicious menu full of options that the whole family will enjoy.
Don’t worry about running out of money here as there are plenty of ATM locations on Clifton Hill if you need to replenish the stash. If you are worried about loosing any valuables, there are also lockers available for you at the Great Canadian Midway, so you can relax and feel comfortable while you are checking everything out.
As you can see, there is never a dull moment in Niagara Falls, so if you are looking for a fun time with the family on your Memorial Day long weekend, think about planning a trip to Niagara Falls and use Clifton Hill as your gateway to an amazing Memorial Day weekend!!
We are excited to announce that our Niagara Speedway is open for the season! Click the image below, if you wish for more information on the Niagara Speedway. We hope to see you soon!
Niagara Falls, New York, USA, Events
- March 21 – July 21: Buffalo Society of Artists 120 Catalogue Exhibition, Castellani Art Museum of NU, 5795 Lewiston Rd., Niagara University
- May 28 – 29: Soldiers Through the Ages ($), Old Fort Niagara, 4 Scott Ave., Youngstown
- May 28 – 29: Memorial Day Block Party, Old Falls Street, 101 Old Falls St., Niagara Falls, 12pm – 10pm
- May 29 – June 2: Sheraton at the Falls Live Music Series, Sheraton at the Falls, 300 Third St., Niagara Falls, NY., 5 – 8pm.
- May 29 – 31: Fireworks over Niagara Falls, Niagara Falls State Park, USA 10pm. Enjoy a spectacular fireworks display over the Falls.