Children just love sliding down a snowy hill on a sled, and many adults enjoy channeling their inner child to join in the fun. Here are our recommendations for the greatest sledding, tobogganing, and snow tubing spots around Niagara.
Sledding Locations Throughout the Winter
We get a lot of snow in the region because of our cooler winter climate and the “lake effect” created by being situated between Lake Ontario and Lake Erie (the great lakes. ) We also have plenty of hills and slopes due to the Niagara Escarpment running along the entire region.
Are you ready to spend some time outside this winter? It’s a terrific way to enjoy some family fun while still getting some fitness! Bundle up and enjoy yourself!
Here are a few locations around Niagara Falls where you can go sledding throughout the winter.
Niagara Falls Sledding Locations
- Coronation Park
- FH Leslie Park (for smaller kids)
- Fireman’s Park
- 2275 Dorchester Rd, Niagara Falls, ON L2E 6S4
- Hot Chocolate & S’mores! Saturday, March 4, 2023 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM (While quantities last).
- Please bring your own equipment. Weather permitting.
- For information contact [email protected] or 905-356-7521 x 3330.
- Stamford Collegiate High School
St. Catharines Sledding Locations
- Barbican Heights Park (for smaller kids)
- Burgoyne Woods Park
- Jaycee Park
South Niagara Sledding Locations
- Marlene Stewart Streit Park
- Chippawa Park
- Battle of Beaverdams Park
- Mel Stewart Lake Gibson Conservation Park
- HH Knoll Park Lakeview Park
- Sugar Bowl Park
Lincoln Sledding Locations
- Bomberry Park
- Charles Daley Park
- St. John Catholic Elementary School (behind the school)