While we continue to keep each other safe this winter, there are still many opportunities to enjoy the healing power of nature.
With so many indoor facilities affected by the COVID-19 outbreak, the City of Niagara Falls is seeing demand for the outdoor facilities it provides around the city.
Fortunately, Niagara Falls is widely considered a natural outdoor playground developed around the parks, numerous trails, riverfronts, conservation areas and the Niagara Escarpment.
To get you started on your winter adventure, we’ve provided a list of Niagara Falls’ top outdoor rinks and other activities:
Outdoor Skating Rinks
The City of Niagara Falls keeps a close eye on the 14-day weather forecasting. Call the hotline at 905-356-7521 extension 3399 for updates at any time.
You may also follow the City on Instagram for more information on winter activities!
Outdoor Rink Locations
Seasonally and weather permitting, Niagara Falls provides natural outdoor ice rinks at many locations across the city for skating and pick-up hockey:
- John N Allan Park 6980 Kalar Road
- Maple Street Park 5100 Maple Street
- Mt Carmel Park 7806 Mt Carmel Blvd
- Preakness Park 7857 Preakness Street
- Fernwood Park 9260 Hendershot Blvd
Please assist the City in keeping its parks clean, secure, and pleasant. Please contact the Municipal Service Centre at 905-356-1355 if you have any maintenance concerns.
Rink Rules (PDF)
- This is a free, public use facility. Please have respect for each other.
- There is a risk associated with the activity of skating and hockey, persons who use this ice surface do so at their own risk.
- Outdoor rinks are natural and therefore can be uneven, users are encouraged to survey ice surface prior to use.
- The skating rink will be closed on days of inclement weather or if poor ice conditions exist.
- Helmets and protective safety gear are strongly recommended.
- Children should be supervised.
- Food, drinks, glass objects, and pets are not allowed on the ice.
- Smoking/vaping, alcohol, and drugs are not allowed on or near the ice.
- Rink is open daily dawn to dusk.
Tobogganing at Firemen’s Park
Address: 2275 Dorchester Rd, Niagara Falls, ON L2E 6S4
Phone: (905) 371-2099
Tobogganing is now permitted in Firemen’s Park in a specified area.
We only need snow! Then grab your sled and gear up for some fitness and fun.
Tobogganing will be governed by the weather and hill conditions. Spotters will be on-site from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on weekends, holidays, and scheduled public school vacation days.
Please observe all posted regulations, spotter instructions, and public health advice.
S’more Fun Days!
The City of Niagara Falls will hold several S’more Fun Days in the park to enhance the sledding fun.
Enjoy warming by a fire pit, making s’mores, drinking hot chocolate, and other fun activities!
The event is free while supplies last and will be held on the following dates (weather permitting):
- January 5, 2022 from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. – CANCELED due to COVID restrictions
- February 19, 2022 from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. – TENTATIVE – weather conditions and COVID restrictions permitting
Please check back for updates.
Bring your own toboggan or sled!
Call the Recreation and Culture office at 905-356-7521 ext. 3330 for more information.